Monday, April 1, 2013

Dr Who Review(Bells Of St Johns)

Hello folks.(insert year absence explanation here). I will be doing reviews for this season of Dr Who more so I can have some proof to why I now hate this show and why after this season I will more then likely tap out. I as from my past writings will tell you describe myself as a old time fan I am 20+ years with this show. The thing is no matter what changed the underlying framework of the show was there which is the Dr would defeat enemies with a companion who was there to act as our surrogate. Simple right? Will starting with the reboot they tweaked it a bit gave the companion some more importance to which ranged from "Ok thats fine" to "WTF" but it never got to crazy. The new show runner however seems to think that I watch a show called Dr who for the comapanions as thats what the last 3 years have been with the Dr as a side kick. I hate this as well as the whimsy and the threadbare stories with zero bite. That Brings me to the season premire which was alot of "lol he is a monk" and "lol he is on a bike" and "lol he has a fez on" lots of whimsy and all the crap us 20 year fans love like leaf licking and spunky modern girls with secrets(who is she?) I know my question to that and answer is who cares and not I. It starts with some horseshit premise that the world wide web is a actual web(scary) and people who can hack people with Ipads(spooky) and the best part is we never get a resolution which is what I love in a show that has proven it cannot pay off anything ever(see the ruined river song and amy and anything that has happened since matt smith started)/ he gets a call on the tardis and its the the the new companion and he helps her with getting on wifi(lol so funny) This leads to a bullshit mystery of who gave her the number and....zzzzzzz. Then he meets her she is spunky and he is obsessed for some reason which also seemed weird as for a 1000 years he was cool and offered trips to people he thought would be cool to travel with now he only takes people with secrets and becomes obsessed with them. They bullshit around for 30-40 min and she now has computer skills from being in a cloud server(yeah) the show ends with no real resolution and the credits roll. If it wasnt for Orphan Black(that shit was awful) I would of said that was the worst thing I saw all year. I will watch and review every week and whenever someone calls me a hater or says its not that bad read this blog and see in print how it is that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment